Friday, July 28, 2006

Why we cancelled our weekend away

1. Because having a waterfall in your house is not nearly as appealing as you would think.






















2. Because this is not what I had in mind when I said I like to see ripples in the water.


















3. Because if no one is home, who will be squigy boy?

















4. Because this was what we were doing at 5:00 am and that would make me very cranky by 8:00 pm.

Oh Yeah, after 3 weeks of crazy heat wave and humidity (temperatures in the low 30's Celsius(low 90's Fahrenheit) and humidex of 40 Celsius (approximately 104 Fahrenheit). We now have had 2 straight weeks of rain and last night's 3rd daily pounding thundering storm unleashed our own little rainforest in the basement. It not only came in through the window in torrents but it also came up through several cracks in the basement floor. We have lived in this house for 2 years and this has never happened before.

I am calling a contractor today but how much do you want to bet this little unexpected renovation project will be over $10,000.00.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, what a mess! We had a broken pipe in our basement recently and I thought that was bad--but it was nothing compared to what you've got going on there. Ugh, this sucks for you.

soralis said...

That sucks! I am sorry about your cancelled weekend away.

Hope that it's not to expensive to fix.

Take care

Serenity said...

Forgive me the VERY bad pun - when it rains, it pours, huh?

Hugs to you. I hope you get good news from the contractor and it isn't too expensive to fix.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! What a nightmare. I hope the cleanup isn't too traumatic

Maya said...

Bad things do come in waves. Hopefully this is the end to your bad news and some good things are on their way!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Krista I hate when stupid house shit gets in the way of fun. Our insurance is crappy for flood coverage. How is yours?

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Oh no Krista! That is awful! I hope that it doesn't cost too much to repair. I am sorry that it ruined your weekend away. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP!

What a total drag!!! I'm so sorry.

Meg said...

Oh, No, Krista! What a disaster! Don't these things just happen at perfect times?

Liz said...

Sorry you had to cancel the getaway and most of all b/c of the reason.

MoMo said...

Oh...sorry about that mess! I hope you get it fixed and it won't cost you $10K!! Hang in there.

Jenna said...

OH MY GOSH! How horrible! I hope that it gets fixed soon!

Alli and Frankie said...

Oh, no!!! That stinks! Hope it's less that you are anticipating and fixed quickly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. That does not look like fun at all. Good luck getting it fixed.