Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There are no words.

This is My Reality posting on Krista's behalf. It has been almost a year since I posted here for Krista. At that time, Krista was in the hospital with a brain tumor and about to give birth the the most beautiful baby boy, sweet little Boo. It is with a heavy heart that I am back here again.

I posted on my own blog a short while ago about a dear friend who lost her sister. What I didn't post at the time was who the dear friend was.

Krista lost her sister, K, in a tragic car accident two and a half weeks ago.

I never had the privilege of meeting K, but I can tell you many things about her. She was only 27 and engaged to be married in December. She was beautiful inside and out, and her smile lit up a room. She was a sister, a daughter, a fiancee and a friend. She was so much to so many. She was a teacher and her students loved her. She made a difference in the lives of everyone who knew her. She loved ladybugs and had a passion for life. She was the kind of sister we would all be lucky to have. When Krista had Boo last year and was recovering from brain surgery, K was right there beside her and helped her with everything from around the clock feedings to helping Krista get back on her feet. K had a fierce love for her family and would do anything for them. She had an incredible connection with Boo and you could clearly see her love for him in all the pictures I saw of them together.

I spoke to Krista this week and she is doing as well as she can in this situation. She knows she has to be strong for Boo and she is trying to keep her focus on him right now. Devastated isn't a strong enough word to express what Krista is feeling right now. Her sister was everything to her. They shared everything and had an unbreakable bond. Their family is dealing with such intense pain right now and trying to get through things one day at a time. I haven't met the rest of Krista's family, but feel as though I know them all by the way Krista talks about them. They are a wonderful, loving, supportive family. They stick by each other through everything. They are an incredible family and I am so very sorry they are dealing with such a tragic loss.

Krista asked me to post on her blog to explain her absence from the blogosphere. Krista is going to take a break from blogging for a while to focus on getting through this.

I know what kind of devastation a loss like this does to a family. Krista's family has been through so much this year and I just can't comprehend why they have had to loose K. My heart goes out her whole family and to K's wonderful fiance right now.

K - you are gone, but will never be forgotten. Your love for your family and your passion for life will never be forgotten. You are loved more than words can say and you have changed the world in such a positive way in your short time here.

I have turned the comments on this post off. Krista needs all of the love, thoughts and prayers we can send her way right now. If anyone would like to send her a message, please do so through my email address and I will be sure to get them to her. I can be emailed at disenchantedreality at hotmail dot com.

Krista - I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you love K. I know how hard this loss is for you. You are not alone. I am here if you need anything. Much love, my friend.